Rounding Issue with some Natures

Encountered a bug or a glitch? Please create a post here.
Gawerty

Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:07 pm

a few natures seem to add +1 to the positive value of nature boosted stats, for example, smogon says a level 70 Honchkrow with Adamant nature with 180 attack SPs should have a 305 final attack value, PBO says it has 306 final attack value. This was the same for a tangela - careful nature, it's sp-def value SPs were at 60 and smogon shows it as being 59 final sp.def value, whereas PBO shows it as being a 60 final sp.def value. The same wasn't said for Heracross, it's impish nature and it's SPs are at 25 in defence, it's final stat for defence was 63 which is correct. It seems like there isn't a proper rounding done on a nature-to-nature basis, where some natures seem to be adding an extra stat point which SHOULDN'T HAPPEN.

This doesn't happen for the negative value on a nature-to-nature basis as far as I can tell however.
Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forestall my return.

Dusk

Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:33 am

Someone dun goofed :lol:

Join the discussion: http://discord.gg/7UeNF6n

Snehks
Admin

Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:41 pm

I will look into it. Probably because PBO rounds up the stat value.

Gawerty

Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:25 pm

It depends on if your truncating or rounding, and if your following the same format each time for each nature for each individually different way SPs could be aligned for each different Pokemon.
Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forestall my return.