PBO 2020 Update

All announcements will go here.
Snehks
Admin

Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:34 pm

Greetings, I hope you are all doing well. This is Snehks from team Pokemon Blaze Online and I would like to give you all an update about the game.

It has been nearly 2 years since we took a tough decision to close down PBO Server for further development and improvements. A lot of players from all across the world invested countless hours in the game and were disappointed to lose out on what many thought was a really enjoyable game. It wasn't easy for the team as well but we had to do something like that to come back stronger. There were issues in the game which were driving away the new joiners and frustrating the existing players. The game in itself was complete when it came to the story, the custom maps, the features but there were things which I never thought of which drove many away. There were issues which confused me about the future of PBO as well.

Today after spending a good chunk of 2019 and nearly every day of 2020 working on it, I want to share some good news with the community.

We have made a lot of progress on PBO in the last one and a half years. We added countless new features, improved the user interface, integrated a lot of missing bits. We also decided to expand PBO to feature Sinnoh alongside Jvaloh (The original region of PBO). As of today, I can assure you that we are a good way into Sinnoh's development and are aiming to launch PBO by mid of this year.

With the news bit out of the way, I would also like to use this post as an opportunity to build the development team for PBO 2.0. Yes, we have decided to expand our team. We have realised that a great game requires enthusiastic people. People who love Pokemon and want to contribute in some way towards a game which acts as a medium for people from all over the world to come and play, compete, make friends and most importantly smile.

Below is the list of teams where we have positions for people to contribute and help.

Graphics & Sound Team - Graphics & Sound team is responsible for working on visual and audio bits of the game. This consists of multiple different roles and we are looking to get people for all of the below positions.
  • Mappers - Self explanatory. Mappers are needed to make maps for the game. We have countless custom and non-custom maps and PBO is a game where you can let your creativity go wild when making maps. We use Tiled as our mapping tool so it's much easier to get started rather than learning a custom mapping engine.
  • Artists - In PBO Artist team consists of Pixel Artist & UI Designer. Currently we are only looking for Pixel Artists. We have loads of custom sprites and we would love to have people who can help us with more with Pixel Art.
  • Sound & Atmosphere Designer/Manager - PBO lacked details when it came to sound. We would like to have dedicated contributors to this area and take the game's sound & atmosphere space to the next level.

Gameplay & Content Team - Content team is responsible for developing the content of the game which include everything from the designing quests, spawns, achievements, titles to the NPCs you like to interact with (Like the pretty Beauty Shauna of Glassmoor). This also consists of multiple different roles and we are looking to get people for all of the below positions.
  • Scripters - This team consists of designing both Client and Server side NPCs. Quests and NPCs in PBO are mostly custom so you can let your imagination go wild here. This role also includes suggesting/creating achievements, titles and other content.
  • Spawn Handlers - One of the most important roles in a Pokemon MMORPG. PBO supports Pokemon from Gen 1 Kanto to Gen 8. This includes deciding what Pokemon spawns when, how do they spawn and what do they drop.
  • PVP/PVE Managers - It's always important to balance the competitive bit of a Pokemon MMO and it's very easy to get it all wrong. PBO supports custom stat management (SP) so this position becomes very critical to the game.
  • Translators - PBO is the only Pokemon MMORPG which can support any number of languages without much hassle. We currently support English & Portuguese and we plan to integrate other languages as well. Shoot us if you want to help the game to have your native language. This position requires you to have command over English as our dialogues and texts are always translated from English to other languages.
  • Quality Assurance & Testers - PBO has always aimed to be 100% bug free and this has been possible because we take testing out features very seriously. We would like to now have a dedicated team of Testers and Quality assurance folks who make sure that anything which we plan to launch is flawless.
If any of these positions interest you, contact me (Snehks) or Jiro over Discord (https://discord.gg/FXG4MqJ ) with a message stating why do you think you will be a good fit for this position, your past experience if any working in the position you are applying for and your experience playing Pokemon Games. Messages missing these bits will unfortunately not be entertained.

Last but not the least, these positions are not paid as PBO is a non-profit fan made Pokemon game. All the donations we get go towards server maintenance and costs.

Thanks for reading the post and me and the entire PBO team hope to see you all in the game soon.