Andyy's List of Suggestions

Ideas on how we can improve the game? Please let us know.
Andyy

Wolve wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:31 am #1-5 +1
#6 -1, that'd be the first step towards pay2win
#7 -1, although I don't enjoy walking to the PC I don't think they should be recovered naturally. An healing NPC on every Route would be better imo.
#8 +1
#10-17 +1
#19 -1, highly against it as this takes away the excitement immediately
#20-21 +1
#22 -1, strongly disagree
#23 depends on how it's implemented, if it's some sort of "fusion" i'm not against it per se
#24 -1, takes away the purpose of vs seeker
#28 +1
#29 everything below 50% is imo a joke and adds more frustration covered as "content" as all it does is prolonging the hunting aspect by a lot. UR's are probably 1/10k already, which means with 33% it's about 1/30k on average to sync an UR, let alone IVs. 1/20k is imo already way too much, not matter how fast battles are.

@Delta "Players would buy donation items, then trade/sell them so they can afford whatever it is they want in game. Many players are already doing it in PBO."

As long as there is something players can buy for RM and then trade it will always have an pay2win aspect. There is no way to stop it. If you can't trade those items for IV-changing items they will buy stronger mons instead. To make pay2win less reliable one either needs to make IV-changing items farmable with a reasonable time investment as well, or make these items untradeable (+not buyable via RM). On the other hand, those who donate are the ones that keep the game alive and as long as a free2play players can achieve the same results as "pay2win" players in a reasonable amount of time, I don't see a problem with it. What reasonable in this context means is a different question, and I'm glad I'm not the one to answer it.
For
#6 Then, encounter rates should be reduced. I will never buy a PBO Membership in its current state, it should be buffed somehow
#22 Nature rerolling is my redline actually. If it is implemented in the future, I will leave the game.
#29 Everything over 40% (33% is fair enough imo) is a joke for me. If we can get perfect pokemons easier, why should we play this game. Instead, we should play showdown
- 4ndy#4309 on discord
Wolve

Andyy wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:57 am
#7 -1, although I don't enjoy walking to the PC I don't think they should be recovered naturally. An healing NPC on every Route would be better imo.
#8 +1
#10-17 +1
#20-21 +1
#23 depends on how it's implemented, if it's some sort of "fusion" i'm not against it per se
#28 +1
#29 everything below 50% is imo a joke and adds more frustration covered as "content" as all it does is prolonging the hunting aspect by a lot. UR's are probably 1/10k already, which means with 33% it's about 1/30k on average to sync an UR, let alone IVs. 1/20k is imo already way too much, not matter how fast battles are.

@Delta "Players would buy donation items, then trade/sell them so they can afford whatever it is they want in game. Many players are already doing it in PBO."

As long as there is something players can buy for RM and then trade it will always have an pay2win aspect. There is no way to stop it. If you can't trade those items for IV-changing items they will buy stronger mons instead. To make pay2win less reliable one either needs to make IV-changing items farmable with a reasonable time investment as well, or make these items untradeable (+not buyable via RM). On the other hand, those who donate are the ones that keep the game alive and as long as a free2play players can achieve the same results as "pay2win" players in a reasonable amount of time, I don't see a problem with it. What reasonable in this context means is a different question, and I'm glad I'm not the one to answer it.
For
#6 Then, encounter rates should be reduced. I will never buy a PBO Membership in its current state, it should be buffed somehow
#22 Nature rerolling is my redline actually. If it is implemented in the future, I will leave the game.
#29 Everything over 40% (33% is fair enough imo) is a joke for me. If we can get perfect pokemons easier, why should we play this game. Instead, we should play showdown
#6 The moment a membership or anything else that can only (or mainly) be bought with RM changes ingame mechanics it becomes sort of pay2win. Be it increased IVs, increased rates, increased shiny chance. Whether it's gamebreaking or not is a different story tho. But it will smell like pay2win and that's already a nono for some people.

#22 Idm nature rerolling at all. I'm perfectly fine without and I'm also okay if it becomes a thing. But a decent way to get 31 Speed on my mons without spending years of hunting is a must for me.

#29 That's a point we can agree to disagree. I can't see what's fun about hitting 1/10k (my guesstimated UR rate), then 1/10 (HA), and then also fail more often than not on the sync. I don't get why people always come up with a comparison to Showdown. This always seems to me like "I've seen this somewhere, so I'll use it here and win"- trump card. Maybe I just value my time higher than other people and can't see a reason to prolong things solely for the sake of prolonging them.
Andyy

Wolve wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:43 am
Andyy wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:57 am
#8 +1
#10-17 +1
#20-21 +1
#28 +1

For
#6 The moment a membership or anything else that can only (or mainly) be bought with RM changes ingame mechanics it becomes sort of pay2win. Be it increased IVs, increased rates, increased shiny chance. Whether it's gamebreaking or not is a different story tho. But it will smell like pay2win and that's already a nono for some people.

#22 Idm nature rerolling at all. I'm perfectly fine without and I'm also okay if it becomes a thing. But a decent way to get 31 Speed on my mons without spending years of hunting is a must for me.

#29 That's a point we can agree to disagree. I can't see what's fun about hitting 1/10k (my guesstimated UR rate), then 1/10 (HA), and then also fail more often than not on the sync. I don't get why people always come up with a comparison to Showdown. This always seems to me like "I've seen this somewhere, so I'll use it here and win"- trump card. Maybe I just value my time higher than other people and can't see a reason to prolong things solely for the sake of prolonging them.
#29 Difficult games are better games for me. I agree that it is time consuming to find an appropriate pokemon to use in pvp/pve but achieving the hard things gives me more pleasure. But I respect your opinion
- 4ndy#4309 on discord
Bloemkoolsaus

Andyy wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:52 am #29 Difficult games are better games for me. I agree that it is time consuming to find an appropriate pokemon to use in pvp/pve but achieving the hard things gives me more pleasure. But I respect your opinion
For me, difficult means that something requires skill to accomplish. It doesn't take any skill to grind for hours and then find (or not) the pokemon you're looking for.
I do agree though that it shound't be too easy to obtain good pokemon, effort should definitely be required. The current rates seem a little too harsh to me too, though I don't know what they should be.

I stay away from those grinds and just get my stuff off the market/trade house :P . Grinding is just not fun for me.

As to why not just play showdown, you're right to a degree. Thing is, this game has some nice PVE too, and potential for more. Many people will like that too and thats something you can't get on showdown.
Andyy

Updated
- 4ndy#4309 on discord
Thanatos

I have only one thing to say about this. I like the idea with the PP refresh.
Please don't get me wrong, I know the PC would lose some of its value, but I don't see it ruining the game.
If only the PP were restored after each fight, the pc would still be needed to be healed.

I see the greatest advantage simply in grinding.
I can just Brainafk watch a movie on a screen and then just my farm EXP and maybe one or the other mon.
But all in all, I'm enjoying the game a lot. I would just see it as a quality of life thing.
Andyy

Updated
- 4ndy#4309 on discord
Dontea

Bloemkoolsaus wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:09 pm
Andyy wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:52 am #29 Difficult games are better games for me. I agree that it is time consuming to find an appropriate pokemon to use in pvp/pve but achieving the hard things gives me more pleasure. But I respect your opinion
For me, difficult means that something requires skill to accomplish. It doesn't take any skill to grind for hours and then find (or not) the pokemon you're looking for.
I do agree though that it shound't be too easy to obtain good pokemon, effort should definitely be required. The current rates seem a little too harsh to me too, though I don't know what they should be.

I stay away from those grinds and just get my stuff off the market/trade house :P . Grinding is just not fun for me.

As to why not just play showdown, you're right to a degree. Thing is, this game has some nice PVE too, and potential for more. Many people will like that too and thats something you can't get on showdown.
The "Just play showdown" arguments make absolutely 0 sense. The game is not just PvP it is supposed to be a full blown MMO which has PvE, PvP, social/community elements etc. Wanting usable PvP mons without sacrificing your entire life to the game is not unreasonable. PvP on MMO's also has a large community aspect to it that you do not get on showdown unless u r a top players doing team tours (SPL/Draft). The people who make these arguments clearly are not very experienced with PvP.
Rule

Agreed with the guy somewhere above me!
IV resets shouldn't be just scrapped but made more grindable because people (and its quite the obvious bunch) have already done pay to win WITHOUT the existence of singular iv resets ; just buying epic pokemon with their cash.